With ABC Family's summer lineup of teen dramas under way, the romances on shows like Pretty Little Liars get me all nostalgic for some of my past favorite young couples. If one thing hasn't changed since the mid-'90s and early '00s, it's that these soap operas starring teenagers are always filled with intense, over-the-top relationships. So maybe Hanna and Caleb or Spencer and Toby can learn something from these other pairings that fans used to obsess over. (Though when half of the duo is a grown adult who used to be his underage girlfriend's teacher, it might be a bit more tricky... Sorry, Aria and Ezra.)
1) "The Simpsons," Lisa Simpson-- Lisa's convictions are strongly leftist. She is a vegetarian and has expressed a desire to become a vegan. Lisa also joined the animal rights group PETA.
2) "Friends," Phoebe Buffay -- Portrayed by Lisa Kudrow, Phoebe is somewhat of a champion of animal rights and the environment. She is a vegetarian and doesn't eat "food with a face. She is against the wearing of fur coats, and cries when flowers die.
3) "Green Acres," Oliver Wendell Douglas -- Oliver was a New York City attorney who had a dream of moving to the Midwest and operating a farm rather than practicing law. He didn't adjust well to farm life, not for lacking of trying though. The show concentrated on farming, growing your own crops, and caring for animals.
4) "All in the Family," Gloria and Michael Stivic -- Portrayed by Sally Struthers and Rob Reiner, they shared liberal political beliefs. An example of this is when Michael got arrested for a nude protest at a nuclear power plant.
5) "Ellen DeGeneres Show," Ellen -- Ellen is a big animal activist and lover of the environment. On her show she often refers to the hybrid car she drives and tries to get as many pets adopted as possible.
In his first year on the air, Jimmy Fallon has unsuccessfully tried to reunite the cast of Saved By the Bell, settling instead for some great appearances by its former stars - albeit individually. However, much to his credit, he did manage to get the entire original cast of California Dreams to be on his show this week and sing their catchy theme song. Since some of those SBtB divas are still holding out, here are some other cheesy nostalgic teen shows from the '90s that we'd like to see get back together on Jimmy's show.