The geek community is currently peeing themselves with worry because the cast and crew of X-Men Origins: Wolverine has apparently returned to Vancouver to do some re-shoots. Talk of interference in the film by 20th Century Fox has led to speculation that the movie is being kiddie-fied. Still others are claiming that the studio has realized that they have Ryan Reynolds in their movie, and are expanding his presence as mercenary Deadpool. (understandable, since he barely appeared in the trailer.) However, we have our own theories about the re-shoots, which you should check out after the jump.
1. Upon review, several takes were ruined by Hugh Jackman's "jazz hands."
2. They're having Taylor Kitsch say his dialogue with even more of a Cajun accent, so he can deliver classic Gambit lines like, "I don' tink dey gonna like us, ma p'tite cherie!"
3. They didn't get enough takes of Ryan Reynolds improvising the first time around.
4. In the grand Wolverine comic tradition, they're adding four more origins, and then telling us that three of them are false memories and one was a fan-fiction.
5. The scene where Wolverine tackles a helicopter was deemed unbelievable, so the helicopter has been replaced with a hovercraft.
6. During the original shoot, the Blob "just wasn't sweaty enough."
7. Last year, Liev Schreiber missed a week of shooting to do a production of Franz Kafka's "Metamorphosis" in Central Park.
Samuel L. Jackson cameo. CANCELLED.
9. The scenes of American soldiers storming the beaches at Vancouver lacked authenticity.
10. Two words. Muttonchop. Enhancement.
What do you guys think? Nervous? Excited? Meh?