You hear about them all the time -- awesome Hollywood props going for big bucks and then getting locked away somewhere where no one will ever see them again. Isn't it time we took back these historical treasures? And by "take back," I mean shouldn't we buy them ourselves, and lock them away somewhere where only we and a handful of our friends will ever see them again? Well, now's our chance -- online site liveauctioneers.com is hosting a big Hollywood auction, with tons of film-used superhero costumes (Superman, X-Men, Daredevil, Batman, Captain America and both the movie and TV Spider-Men), as well as a ton of items from Terminator, Jurassic Park, Blade Runner, Highlander and Conan, and it ends August 1st, which means we have to move quick.
Starting bids range from a few hundred to tens of thousands of dollars, but here are some of the quirkier, more interesting items:
- Conan's sword from Conan the Barbarian, which pumps blood out of three holes near the tip of the blade.
- A cardboard Tom Hanks promotional cut-out, showing him shilling ping-pong equipment in his Olympic team apparel from Forrest Gump.
- Lone Starr's Eagle 5 Space Winnebago 4-inch model from Spaceballs, plus the space truckstop and space filling station models, and all of the vehicles from the space parking lot.
- Marty McFly's hoverboard from Back to the Future II and III, sporting a big Mattel logo.
- Billy Zane's purple leotard from The Phantom.
- Bruce Lee's grip strengthener.
- Joaquin Phoenix's baseball bat from Signs -- with smashable drinking glasses!