- Did he talk to the coroner before the coroner called Fearless?
- If so, why didn't Wahlberg call Fearless to tell him that everyone's life was in danger?
- Why hadn't Wahlberg called for backup so Fearless already had other units on the scene?
- Is the coroner dead?
- How long has Wahlberg known that people were coming to kill Fearless?
- And why would he answer the phone with his name, when he always checks the Caller ID and knows when it's Fearless calling him?
- What's with the long pause? Is it a recording of Joel? Is he already dead, too?
- Why would he be all, "Hey," like there's nothing going on?
- What the fuck has happened to this show?
Fearless orders Wahlberg to get some backup. "We're on our way," he says calmly, like they're about to investigate a cookie-snatching at a day care center.
Fearless walks out into the open parking lot, an obvious and easy target. He watches as many black cars drive up in a line. They're the only cars on this Los Angeles street right next to the ten because it's like, nine at night and nobody ever goes out at night in Los Angeles.
Fearless runs with a rifle up the hotel steps as the Russian mob screeches into the lot. Look, there's about to be a whole lotta bullshit right here. Lara opens the door to see what all the Russian noise is about, and Fearless makes a signal for her to get back inside. Gunshots. Lots of gunshots. Take any scene from Commando and paste it in here. Somehow Fearless, armed with only a rifle, can take on a mob of angry Russians with automatic weapons. Let's just pretend. He runs and shoots, his rifle somehow reloading itself as he's running. Then he just jumps backwards through a window so that glass can break and he can roll on his shoulder and look all cool. Why have the Russians not gone in the room on the other side of the building and killed the girl and mother yet? Why not just blow up the mostly empty motel? A couple of grenades. What's wrong with this mob? There's no table by this window like in all the other motel rooms, so Fearless doesn't hurt himself flipping into the empty motel room. He blows through doors with rifle shots, and somehow the Russians can't hear him shooting around. Blam! Blam! He kills Russian after Russian as he makes his way across the motel to the other side. Blam! Blam! Russians curse and hold their ears, the pain too great from the loud sound to pursue. Fearless finds Lara hiding in some bathtub somewhere and tells her to follow him. Fearless asks Lara where Katrina is. Lara says that Katrina went looking for him. Very smart. Incredibly smart. Fearless puts his vest on Lara and tells her to do everything he says, and not to listen to the Russians. Solonick calls out that he's got Lara's mother.