House joins Wilson in the OR balcony, if only to be there when Wilson finds out that the surgery was not necessary. Oh, and also to yell at Chase for doing surgery when he's supposed to working for House now. And thirdly, to talk to Wilson about Cuddy moving in with Lucas. House claims that he's fine with Cuddy and Lucas's relationship now even though just last week he was trying to split them up and take Cuddy for himself. With no small amount of wishful thinking, House says the fact that Cuddy is buying a loft suggests to him that their relationship is not actually that serious. He doesn't think Cuddy really wants to "discover her lost city girl youth" and "two bedrooms just reeks of commitment issues." As opposed to the ten bedrooms she has in her current living space? Wilson points out that one of the bedrooms is probably for the kid. "This is classic midlife Cuddy crisis," House tells himself. At this point, Chase interrupts to say that he hasn't found any fungus balls but there is lung damage indicative of PCP pneumonia. And if you're wondering what that means, House explains that PCP pneumonia is only seen in three types of cases: HIV, acquired SCID, or Wilson owes him $100.
Wilson is in the middle of what appears to be his regular oncology conference where he goes over his latest cases with a team of doctors. He talks about his patient Dell, who had something wrong with him after all: a CT scan showed a lesion on his left lung. The only meeting attendee who's been paid to have lines asks Wilson why he did a CT scan on someone whose cancer was in remission. Wilson explains that he noticed Dell was depressed and ordered the extra tests. "Wow, that's quite a call," the doctor says. Oh, stop sucking up, lady. And then House bursts in to interrupt, which is no doubt a weekly occurrence so no one looks very surprised. He hands Wilson a page of test results that say Wilson owes him $100.
After the break, Wilson informs Tucker that he does, indeed, have cancer. Acute lymphoblastic leukemia, to be precise. Wow, way to suck at diagnosing cancer, Wilson! You gave the guy unnecessary antivirals and surgery all because you wouldn't do whatever test House did that showed what was actually wrong. Oh, and you got his hopes up that it wasn't cancer. Tucker reaches for Melissa's hand at the news, which does not escape Ashley's notice. Melissa asks if this is a recurrence of Tucker's previous cancer. In fact, Wilson says, it isn't. It's a new type of leukemia. Lucky Tucker! In fact, he probably got this cancer from the chemo that saved his life the last time around. "Maybe they can rename it Ironic Leukemia," Tucker says, as the cancer has not yet spread to his sense of humor. Although he's still not as funny as Wilson's other friend. Wilson says there's good news -- the cancer is only in Tucker's brain. Ashley acts how brain cancer can possibly be good news. I guess that's supposed to show that she's young and doesn't know anything about cancer or whatever, but I think most of us would also ask that question. Wilson explains that the cancer won't spread to the rest of his body because of the blood brain barrier. Yeah, but that also means the cancer is IN HIS BRAIN. Melissa asks for just the facts, and Wilson says there's a 90% chance that Tucker will be cured by chemotherapy. If he's in the 10% that isn't, he's got a good six months left. So, if he's in the 90% that is cured by chemotherapy can he then look forward to a third cancer in another few years?