So Stacy tries again, saying that she "wouldn't have continued with the project" if that was the issue, because she "wouldn't have felt comfortable." She isn't expressing this very well, because it takes prohibitively too many words to reverse the assumptions the rest of the team is only to happy to be working with, here. They're getting pissed because, in their oversimplified take, she handed them a fairly blunt object -- "Brent physically threatened me" -- and now she's trying to take it away, by explaining what they failed to pick up on originally. People like things simple, and this isn't simple, and trying to explain that is impossible. Especially when it runs counter to something that makes them feel good about themselves -- this is a no-fault ejection of Brent, and the only person who might take heat for it is Stacy, so they all win -- you can't do that. People cannot physically hear your words once they've leveraged things like this. You might as well -- and I don't say this often -- not even try. Find another way. Brent: "Synergy looks at me and says, 'There's a nutcase, over there, who has no ideas, and no sense of what's going on around him, and is a complete moron.'" Yes. But it's not just Synergy. And even if it was, you don't think that's a problem? Lazy motherfucker. Pepi and Brent get dressed on either side of a wall, so the camera takes them both in, like they're mirror images of each other, or like Duck Soup, except I'm so over Pepi at this point they might as well be the same fucking person. "That's all right," Brent voices over, as he takes an amazing amount of time making sure his hair looks just perfectly, precisely as moronic and embarrassing as possible, "I'm smarter than them."
Flash Quiz! True or False?
1. You're used to being a big fish in a small pond, whether or not that has ever been the case. True or False?
2. Your mother thinks you're the smartest, bestest boy in the world. True or False?
3. Over the course of your entire life, people have taken one look at you and written you off. True or False?
4. This is due to stuff beyond your control. True or False?
5. Therefore, there's no need to ever take a look in the mirror, or even consider trying on their moccasins, at all. True or False?
6. Constant rejection and bullying is just your lot in life. It hurts, but that's just the way it is. True or False?