Oh, I forgot about Heidi and Spencer for a minute. That was a good minute. It was my favorite minute of the year. Anyway, Heidi is packing in her apartment when Spencer walks in and talks like nothing's going on, except to joke that he thought she would have changed the locks. Spencer asks why she's packing, and Heidi says that she's going to Colorado for a little while. Spencer says that he was giving her space, and Heidi says that she didn't need it, but now she does, so she's going to leave him alone for a while so that he can think about what he wants, and she can think about what she watns. Spencer says he knows what he wants, and asks when she's coming back. Heidi has no answer, so Spencer offers to let her have the apartment. Heidi says that she needs to go home for a while. Spencer faux-casually says, "So I assume the wedding isn't happening any time soon?" Heidi starts crying and says that she just needs some space because their relationship isn't working. Spencer gives her a hug and walks out.
Lauren packs to go to Paris. Audrina quizzes her on her French, which is pretty pathetic. She almost forgets her passport, and worries that she doesn't have enough clothes, despite having one suitcase with just shoes in it. Although I guess if you're going to work for a fashion magazine, it's important to be stylish.
Lauren walks outside and Brody is there. He keeps pretending to stall and tells Lauren how cute she looks. He says he'll miss her, and they hug and kiss, but not like a makeout kiss.
Meanwhile, Heidi is leaving her apartment with her suitcase. She drives away like Lauren did at the end of Laguna Beach.
Whitney and Lauren head to the airport and discuss how fun and life-changing this trip could be. They get to the airport and check in, and their plane takes off. Cliffhanger!
And in case you didn't watch the After Show, here are the highlights:
- Whitney forgot that Lauren had never been to Paris, or she wouldn't have asked about it
- No one on the show knows how to pronounce homage
- The editors did a hilarious montage of Audrina and JB to "End Of The Road" by Boyz 2 Men, a song that none of the viewers of this show knew existed before now
- Lisa Love sold her snakeskin boots to afford her plane ticket to Paris at age fifteen. Seriously, has she written a memoir yet? Because I would totally buy it.
- The editors do a hilarious parody of the "In Memoriam" thing from the Oscars featuring people who were on this season, like Marc Jacobs, and Jason, and the woman who met with Heidi and Spencer about getting married