"And the Candy Manwich" was hands down one of the best episodes of 2 Broke Girls ever. Sure, it doesn't hurt that I love Ryan Hansen (having both Veronica Mars and Party Down on your resume basically makes you TV royalty), but the jokes about Candy Andy were actually pretty funny, Max's one-liners were more hilarious than gross (with a few exceptions below), vulnerable Caroline was totally endearing and rather than go the obvious female-competition-between-two-friends route, the show instead opted to make some pretty good masturbation jokes -- both male and female -- and was able to normalize the deed without shaming anyone... and we didn't even have to hear about Oleg touching himself at all! Amazing. I look forward to seeing more of Candy Andy, and hopefully less moments like these:
- "This guy has a brand new Apple; I've been eating the same apple for a week." (Such a patented formulaic 2 Broke Girls cold open joke.)
- "These people are more like Steve I Have No Jobs." (See what I mean?)
- Caroline: "Does anybody know how to make Sex on the Beach?" Oleg: "Easy. I put on my Speedo and wait."
- The audience cheering when Sophie comes in, which I guess is a thing now.
- The second "Go stand in the corner now!"
- "What are they, sitting on vibrators?" (At least the show didn't shame the two completely harmless ladies too much.)
- "Those two idiots reminds me how much fun it was when I'd go out to lunch and have cocktails with my girlfriends and watch them pretend to eat." (Eating disorders are hilarious because they happen to those other dumb girls.)
- People who don't want jobs are at the soup kitchen, too! (Which, by the way, felt quite similar to an episode of Desperate Housewives where Bree serves up homemade soup for the homeless at the local shelter, and ends up enticing the local hipsters and pushing out those actually in need... and so the kind of thing this show would have.) (I also should be clear that it was a terrible episode of DH.)
- The sarcastic nun giving Caroline sass, because that's a thing that would happen.
- "Why don't we drink every day?" "Some of 'we' do." (Okay, I totally laughed at this, but Beth Behrs and Kat Dennings are really bad at acting drunk.)
- "If I learned anything as a child, it's when a stranger offers you candy, you say yas."
- "Look at all the candy crammed in this little space. It's like we're inside Willy Wonka's colon."
- "I just had a gummi-gasm!"
- Caroline feels sick, but Max explains, "It's just your lady parts waking up from hibernation."
- Really just everything about this Sophie-booth side plot.
- "It's good to let him know right off the bat that you have a gag reflex." (I'm glad they at least had Caroline respond to the grossness of Max's statement.)
- "I'm sorry, I thought you'd be home feeling bad for yourself, not feeling your bad self."
- The third "I'll be in my booth!"
Minute I stopped paying attention and had to rewind: I didn't stop paying attention at all. I'm telling you, the episode was incredible for this show's standards.
Think you've got game? Prove it! Check out Games Without Pity, our new area featuring trivia, puzzle, card, strategy, action and word games -- all free to play and guaranteed to help pass the time until your next show starts.
MOST RECENT POSTS