1) It boasts Veronica Mars veteran writer Rob Thomas, which means you know damned well it will be smart and punchy and hilarious. And as if that wasn't enough for you Veronica Martians, Kristen Bell is fixing to guest star in the season finale, providing incentive for viewers to make sure this biz doesn't get canceled!
2) There's a who's-who of comic geniuses, including Christopher Guest and Judd Apatow darling Jane Lynch, The State and Wet Hot American Summer warhorse Ken Marino (sporting a flat-top no less), Step Brothers' saving grace Adam Scott and none other than
3) It's on Starz! Sure, it's a premium channel, which means that those who want to watch but can't shell out the extra dough will miss out. But just like dark horse cabler FX quietly defied expectations and started bringing out provocative new shows that had the freedom to be outrageous, Starz doesn't have FCC-conscious network heads to answer to, so presumably (hopefully) they'll take full advantage and knock our socks off with some down and dirty comedy.
4) According to the official website, the show will feature said crew of hapless caterers working such diverse and varied events as "sweet sixteen affairs, gay weddings, mobster acquittal parties and porn awards." Sign. Me. Up.
5) Based on the screen stills, this baby is shot in that weird, stripped down way that evokes the same mockumentary-ish mise-en-scene as shows like Arrested Development and Flight of the Conchords. Just sayin'. Good company.
6) Have you ever met a caterer? They are crackups!
MOST RECENT POSTS