Last night's "And the Hold-Up" was quite clearly a filler episode -- and pretty early on in the season, too. It's strange, 2 Broke Girls can be one of every three shows every week: 1) Two waitresses struggling to afford living in New York City; 2) A daughter of a Bernie Madoff-type character trying to rebuild her life with the help of a new friend; 3) Two young women trying to market their start-up cupcake business. I much prefer Number 3's type of episodes, while Number 2 is usually kind of weird but potentially sweet and Number 1 just tries way too hard... but maybe that's just because I don't like jokes about piss.
I don't think enough interesting stuff happened in this episode to get into the nitty-gritty, so let's get right to the bad stuff:
- The pop culture references in the opening were abundant: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, Fifty Shades of Grey, "Call Me Maybe" and then later, Willow Smith, The Avengers and Katherine Heigl jokes. Who says this show isn't timeless?
- The Han being 29 years old gag. All 15 times it was done.
- The really weird robbery scene where the guy obviously didn't have a gun and the actors forgot they were on-camera. I've never been so bored by a hold-up scene before.
- Caroline peeing herself for so long. (Though I totally laughed when Oleg slipped in it.)
- The girls' building exterior shot. Have I just not noticed it before, or is this the first time we're seeing it? In any event, it's beautiful! No wonder they're broke!
- "Weren't you shot as a baby?" could have been fun little commentary on Max's character being so over the top that Caroline feels like every insane thing she's heard of sounds like a Max-ism... but instead, we got: "No, I drank shots as a baby." Sigh. I hope that one day we meet Max's mom and she turns out to be totally normal and sweet, and that Max is just a compulsive liar.
- Sophie and Oleg were playing "hide the penis."
- Max describing Sophie as a "Polish fart cushion." (You and I both, Max.)
- Max yelling at the movie screen. (Wait, are we supposed to hate her? This is definitely one of those things I'd instantly hate a person for.)
- Han is "coming," says Caroline, which Max... misinterprets.
- Rape joke of the night: "We'll stop if it hurts" being one of those things that, like "I'd take a bullet for you," people say but don't mean.
Minute I stopped paying attention and had to rewind: 24:30, right around when Han and Caroline got caught without tickets.
Think you've got game? Prove it! Check out Games Without Pity, our new area featuring trivia, puzzle, card, strategy, action and word games -- all free to play and guaranteed to help pass the time until your next show starts.
MOST RECENT POSTS
Warning: file(http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?app=core&module=global§ion=rss&type=forums&id=101) [function.file]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! in /var/www/mte41/mt41-blogs.televisionwithoutpity.com/telefile/2012/10/2-broke-girls-and-the-hold-up-season-2.php on line 412
Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /var/www/mte41/mt41-blogs.televisionwithoutpity.com/telefile/2012/10/2-broke-girls-and-the-hold-up-season-2.php on line 412
Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML() [function.DOMDocument-loadXML]: Empty string supplied as input in /var/www/mte41/mt41-blogs.televisionwithoutpity.com/telefile/2012/10/2-broke-girls-and-the-hold-up-season-2.php on line 414