Sure, it's great to go out and be festive or whatnot, but how nice would it be to snuggle up in front of the boob tube and just hang out in PJs? It's not a bad way to ring in the New Year. You don't have to worry about catching a cold from kissing a stranger. If you get really drunk, you don't have to find a taxi or a driver. And there's the extra bonus of not getting gussied up.
1. Check out Kathy Griffin and Anderson Cooper in what is likely to be the most entertaining New Year's Eve special. Don't worry about the fact it is on CNN. Invent a drinking game where you imbibe every time either of them mentions Real Housewives.
2. Watch Damages on DVD before the new season starts. Nothing says New Years like dead puppies.
3. Make fun of Seacrest and his attempts at rockin'.
4. Make fun of Carson Daly and his attempts at anything.
5. Watch Miley Cyrus ring in 2009 on MTV (unless you are a Time Warner cable subscriber)
6. Use On Demand to watch True Blood. Vampires are so old they don't care about this stupid annual celebration. Or rent/borrow/stream any of these other shows you should be watching.. (Hint: It's Always Sunny is here and funny if you need a laugh.)
7. Watch the Man V. Food marathon. Just trust me on this one.
8. Twilight Zone marathon. The truth is out there.
9. See if Robbie Knievel kills himself leaping over a fake volcano on Fox.
10. Muppets From Space or Howard the Duck for free on Hulu. Fair warning, sometimes there's a reason things are free.
11. Go to bed early.
Your suggestions? Favorite non-party ways to spend this annual countdown to midnight?
MOST RECENT POSTS