Parks and Recreation is consistently an immensely enjoyable sitcom, but every once in a while, they really kill it. Last night's "Camping" episode was such a home run on every possible level -- comedy writing, character writing, plot advancement -- that I thought I should call out its excellence in some way. (Sometimes we get so wrapped up in praising the brilliant Community we forget to give P&R the love it deserves.) While there were great visual gags, like just about everything in Tom Haverford's SkyMall tent (DJ Roomba lives!), and lovely character moments between Ron and Leslie, April and Andy and an innkeeper and her cats, I've decided to go with a simple round-up of the best lines of the night.
11. Tom: "What do Jay-Z, Lil Wayne and Drake all have in common?" Jerry: "They are all rappists." An easy joke, but it worked.
10. "This is actually a dog couch. But it's super comfortable" -- Tom
9. "No, Tom, don't! Her boob kills!" -- April
8. "Hydration pack!" -- Rob Lowe, still gunning for MVP of this show, nipping at Nick Offerman's heels.
7. "I married ALF, and we're pretty happy" -- A chilling, yet kind of pleasant, glimpse into Leslie Knope. Like Leslie herself.
6. "Nooo! I was Tivo-ing Cupcake Wars!" -- Tom, sounding like Angel Cohn, no matter what she says.
5. "I brought some champagne! And I had to drink most of it, to survive." -- Andy
4. Ron: "I propose we take all the money we made from the harvest festival and return it to the citizens." Leslie: "So how much would that be per person?" Ron: "About 83 cents per household. Before postage. Are we done?"
3. Ben: "Wow, the sky is really beautiful." Leslie: "It's pollution from the Sweetums factory. It's gorgeous."
2. "What we need to do is just keep working and just work again, more, and just do it and get it and then we got it and we're good and go with that." -- Leslie, sounding not unlike the majority of corporate bosses I've had.
1. "I don't even wanna be here! The air is too fresh, it's disgusting. There's a brook somewhere that won't stop babbling. Shutup!" -- April. Because as this episode proves, people do not belong outside.
Your favorites from the episode? Stray P&R thoughts? Leave them in the comments!
What are people saying about your favorite shows and stars right now? Find out with Talk Without Pity, the social media site for real TV fans. See Tweets and Facebook comments in real time and add your own -- all without leaving TWoP. Join the conversation now!
MOST RECENT POSTS