Wow, this was probably the worst half hour of comedy I've watched so far this week and I recap How I Met Your Mother and sat through The Mindy Project trying to make eye-patches sexy. I'd like to stuff 98 percent of this episode into an annoyance bowl and get back some money (at least 10 dollars minimum) for having to hear Jess say the word apricots so many times. There was some humor with the Pogo concept, but it was surrounded by the stupidest behavior and storyline with Jess' student Edgar, so I'm finding it hard to shine a light on the positive here. I mostly felt embarrassed for Nate Corddry for being in the middle of all these capers.
- The annoyance bowl, for all of Jess' quirks. Surprised it took so long for them to start this.
- The student that wrote the merman rapey fiction. "He was not a mer-gentleman."
- Zombie author Nick making fun of other people's writing: "What is this font? At least use Palatino."
- Pogo'ing (what your friends talk about when you leave the room): "Nick's never been pogo'd directly, but you did get his pizza one time. Which by the way is a whole 'nother debate. How did you not feel that?"
- People trying to figure out what their Pogos are. "Is it that I dance like a sea snake?"
- Barnacle toenails: "Thank your lucky stars you don't have mongrel toes."
- Edgar's girlfriend telling Jess off: "Don't ask about the duffel bag, bitch."
- Julius Pepperwood, Zombie Detective. I'd love an audio tape of the various roommates reading Nick's works of fiction.
- Jess miming.
- Cece bumping into Winston's morning wood, though the look on Schmidt's face was perfect. "I would like to talk about the regrettable contact between Cece's ...'down there' and my... 'parts.'"
- Nick thinking that Edgar wanted to murder Jess, and convincing Jess that her student wanted to stab her big deer eyes.
- Julius Pepperwood's accent and costumes and comments about Chicago.
- Nick awkwardly molesting Jess to steal Edgar's notebook. "He's my uncle."
- Schmidt reshaping his eyebrows.
- The safe word: "I use apricot too much in my own life... What am I supposed to call them? Sweet tangy balls?"
- That Jess' ringtone is "I'm so excited" and not the Jessie Spano version.
- On Winston's uncontrollable boner: "They make shoes for your penis, they are called pants."
- Cece's baby voice.
- Nick climbing into the shed and getting stuck in the window.
- Jess and her terrible lying: "No, I just have a deaf grocer."
- Jess singing "look at that notebook" when she's afraid of Edgar getting creepy.
- Jess getting pepper-sprayed: "My eyes! My giant eyes!"
Think you've got game? Prove it! Check out Games Without Pity, our new area featuring trivia, puzzle, card, strategy, action and word games -- all free to play and guaranteed to help pass the time until your next show starts.
MOST RECENT POSTS