Exciting Office news came down the pike last week, when it was announced that Will Ferrell will guest star on the show towards the end of this season, to aid with Michael Scott's exit in some yet-to-be-revealed way. Not being satisfied with the enormity of that news and taking a cue from NBC's press release, some people started trumping it up as an Anchorman reunion. Which is a little silly considering that just about any two male comedic actors doing anything together would probably constitute an Anchorman reunion, and that Steve Carell had a pretty small role -- albeit a memorable and awesome one -- in Anchorman. Which got us thinking about all the stuntcasting possibilities that could spawn even less warranted epic reunion claims.
Maybe having a few weeks off from 30 Rock made me appreciate it that much more last night, or maybe it was just a radder than usual episode but I can tell you for a fact that I guffawed at least five times. Here's an itemized list of the best things from last night's ep:
1) Peter Dinklage. I never thought I'd be so attracted to a little person. Mindy and I discussed it, and she too finds the thespian foxy. My theory is that god had to counteract his potential eye-melting hotness by making him wee because the world wouldn't be able to handle him full sized.
2) The subtle swipe at Heroes.
3) "A Blaffair to Rememblack"
4) Salma Hayek's unapologetic cleavage.
5) Janet Joppler.
6) Kenneth's Teen Witch rap, embedded below.
In today's news, Paula Abdul admits she used to be a pill-popper, Kiefer goes buckwild again, there's some exciting pilot news, and Gossip Girl continues to invade every single last crevice of American culture.