Cleveland just got fleetingly hotter.
Maybe having a few weeks off from 30 Rock made me appreciate it that much more last night, or maybe it was just a radder than usual episode but I can tell you for a fact that I guffawed at least five times. Here's an itemized list of the best things from last night's ep:
1) Peter Dinklage. I never thought I'd be so attracted to a little person. Mindy and I discussed it, and she too finds the thespian foxy. My theory is that god had to counteract his potential eye-melting hotness by making him wee because the world wouldn't be able to handle him full sized.
2) The subtle swipe at Heroes.
3) "A Blaffair to Rememblack"
4) Salma Hayek's unapologetic cleavage.
5) Janet Joppler.
6) Kenneth's Teen Witch rap, embedded below.
More 30 Rock stuntcasting news: Salma Hayek will appear in two episodes next season, but that's OK, because Page Six's "sources" assure us that she'll actually be playing a character and not just pulling a Jerry Seinfeld. As if that's any consolation. There are going to be so many guest-stars next season I couldn't even name them all off the top of my head. I had to look them all up, and I'm probably even missing a few: Jennifer Aniston, Blake Lively, Leighton Meester, fricking Oprah, now Salma Hayek and God knows who else to come because you know we're not done with this yet. Tina Fey, we want to make it very clear that we love you and do not in any way doubt your genius, but no matter what NBC tells you, 30 Rock is not a variety show, and you are not Dean Martin. So stop it.
EW published a little list of those they deem to be the smartest folks in the TV biz today, and normally I wouldn't be talking about one of their features here but the internet kind of exploded over it for some reason, so I thought maybe we should discuss it. Also because there is some seriously retarded crap on it: